Location and Transport
- Where is Grand Canal Hotel located? We are located in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4, a twenty minute walk from the city centre. To see us on a map click here.
- What are the hotel co-ordinates? GPS Co-Ordinates are: N53 20’ 17.3432, W6 14’ 15.6120
- Is there a bus nearby? Yes, there are many bus routes within walking distance of the hotel. The Grand Canal Dock DART station is across the road which take you into the city or north or south of Dublin to coastal towns.
- Is there a taxi rank nearby? Yes, there are taxis outside the hotel or reception can book a taxi for you for any time you like.
- How do we get from the Airport to the Hotel? The Aircoach 702 and 703 offer services to and from Dublin Airport to the city centre and South Dublin on a 24-hour basis. Its city centre service, stops at most of the major hotels and key locations across Dublin. The closest pick up and drop off stop to the Grand Canal Hotel is located at the Schoolhouse Hotel on Northumberland Road, less than a 5 minute walk from us. Tickets for the Aircoach can be purchased direct from their website or from their ticketbooth located at both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 at Dublin Airport. Please click here for more details.
- How do I make a booking? Call us on +353 (0) 16461000 or email us at email@example.com or click here to make a booking online.
- Is the payment of bookings secure and how do I know? We follow the highest standards of security protocol and we have data protection policies in place.
- Do I need a credit card to make a hotel room reservation? Yes, the hotel requires a credit card for all online hotel reservations. This guarantees your booking until your arrival date. Your credit card will not be charged until you arrive at the hotel unless we specify prepayment or a deposit prior. Prepayment, deposit and cancellation requirements will be displayed during the online confirmation process.
- I made my reservation through a third party website and I need to make a change to my booking? For any changes, you must go through the original booking agent/website that you went through in order to change your reservation.
- Cancellation Policy? Our cancellation policies are dependent on the offer you are booking. This is shown in the offer desciption and is included in your booking confirmation email.
Check In & Check Out
- What time is Check-in? Our Check-in time is from 4:00pm. Should your arrive early, luggage can be left in our storage room behind our front desk.
- What time is Check-out? Our Check-out time is until 12:00pm.
- Is an early Check-in available? An early check in is available from 9:00am at a charge of €50, subject to availability. You can add an early check in to your reservation by calling us on +353 (0) 16461000 or emailing our Reservations Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is a late Check-out available? A late check out is available. For a late check out until 2pm on the day of your departure, there is an additional charge of €30 per room. If you require a later check out than 2pm, please contact our Reception Desk for more information. You can add a late check out to your reservation in advance by calling us on +353 (0) 16461000 or emailing our Reservations Team at email@example.com.
Guest Rooms Facilities
- What bedroom features are included in my booking? Smart TV with internet connection, Tea making facilities including Lavazza coffee machine, Bathroom with bath shower and luxurious toiletries. Complimentary mineral water, Salon speed hair dryer, Steam iron & ironing board, Standard laptop size safe and work desk, Complimentary use of the gym and the business centre.
- Is there Wi-Fi? Yes, there is complimentary Wi-Fi in all areas of the hotel and public spaces. We also have smart TV's in each room.
- Do you charge for a children's cot? All children under 2 years of age stay free of charge and children's cots/cribs can be provided. If you wish to add a cot to your reservation please let us know prior to your arrival to ensure availability.
- Can I add an extra bed to my booking? We do have a limited amount of rooms that can accommodate an extra bed. Please contact our Reservations Team to check availability. Please note that there is a charge of EUR 30 per night for extra beds. The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1. Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
- What are the Room Rates at Grand Canal Hotel? Room rates vary from season to season, day to day and for special events. All room rates quotes include taxes and charges. For the best available rate always book directly with Grand Canal Hotel. Give us a call +353 (01) 616 1000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What are your breakfast hours? Weekdays: 7.00am until 10.00am. Weekends & Bank Holidays from 7.00am until 11.00am.
- Does the hotel have a Restaurant? Yes, our Epic Restaurant serves a buffet breakfast each morning. We also have our Canal Express Cáfe and Lobby Bar which offers delicious coffee, breakfast, tasty lunch, á la carte dinner and alcoholic beverages. Our onsite Craft Beer Bar The Gasworks Bar is managed by Galway Bay Brewery and serves fantastic pub style bistro food and drinks.
- How far is the nearest pub? The Gasworks Bar is in the hotel, alternatively there are plenty of pubs in the area and there are more bars and clubs in the city centre which is only a 25 minute walk, 10 minutes by bus/taxi or 5 minutes by train.
- Do you have accessible rooms and facilities? Yes, we have 2 lifts, specially adapted rooms and accessible car spaces.
- Does the hotel accommodate less abled bodies? Yes, we have a small number of adapted guest rooms. All public areas including Reception, Gasworks Bar, Epic Restaurant and Meeting Rooms are also wheelchair accessible.
- Are pets permitted at the Hotel? Only certified guide dogs are permitted in our hotel.
Corporate, Meetings & Events
- Do you have meeting rooms? Yes, we have 5 meeting rooms in our hotel, they range in size so we can take bookings of 10 to 120 delegates. If you wish to enquire about our meeting room facilities, please click here.
- Do you do weddings in the hotel? Yes, we cater for weddings, large and small parties. To enquire about weddings or private parties, please click here.
- Do you offer a corporate rate? Yes, we can assist you with a corporate rate should you be staying with us on a frequent basis. Please contact our Sales Office for more information: email@example.com.
- Can you arrange executive transport? We can advise some executive transport companies within Dublin that may suit your requirements. However, as we do not work with any executive transport companies directly, we cannot arrange such transfers on your behalf.
Surrounding Area & Tours
- How close is the Grand Canal Hotel to Dublin's entertainment sites? Please click here to find out what’s close to the Grand Canal Hotel.
- Are the surrounding areas of the Hotel Safe? Yes. We are in a very pleasant area of Dublin, next to the stunning canal and within walking distance of Grafton Street, the Aviva stadium, Bord Gais Energy Theatre, the RDS, The 3 Arena and all of the many attractions that Dublin city has to offer.
- Can we book Tours through the Hotel? Of course. Visit our online Do Dublin Platform to book a tour or activity for your upcoming stay.
- Do you allow smoking in the hotel? No, we are 100% non-smoking hotel. We do have a designated outdoor smoking area at the front of the hotel to accommodate guests who smoke. A deep cleaning fee will be charged to guests who are found to be in breach of our no smoking policy.
- Does your hotel have parking facilities? Yes, we have an on-site car park which is free for guests who book directly with us. Parking rates apply for all other bookings. We have 70 onsite car parking spaces at the hotel. Car parking spaces can not be pre-booked and are subject to availability. Please note there is a height restriction of 2.2metres. For more information on our parking facilities and directions to the car park click here.
- What does your no show policy entail? If you do not show on the day of your booking, you will be charged the full amount for your first night's stay. If you have booked our "advanced purchase rate" you will incur a 100% penalty charge for the entire duration of your stay.
- Is it better to book with you direct? Yes, if you book with us direct, you will save on your booking and also receive complimentary parking.
If you have any questions that are not covered in the above frequently asked questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at the following addresses:
Hotel Reception Team:
3 reasons to stay with us
The Lion King Package
from €398 per night
3 Day Pre-Pay & Save
from €126 per night
from €219 per night
Dublin Shopping Break
from €189 per night